Over 40 percent of the British population would choose Barack Obama as their desert island companion, according to research undertaken by PRS for Music, the organisation that collects royalties on behalf of composers and songwriters.
While Barak Obama topped the list, Gordon Brown was the least popular choice polling with just 2 percent of the votes.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the second most popular choice of politician was â€˜none- Iâ€™d rather be aloneâ€™.
Boris Johnson proved to be the second most popular politician, David Cameron, came in fourth place, marginally beating Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
Rank Politician %
1 Barack Obama 41
2 None â€“ Iâ€™d Rather Be Alone 38
3 Boris Johnson 16
4 David Cameron 4
5 Gordon Brown 2
Source: PRS for Music
Results gained from the same survey revealed the British publicâ€™s top ten songs they would chose to take with them to a desert island.
1. Bohemian Rhapsody â€“ Queen
2. Angels â€“ Robbie Williams
3. Donâ€™t Stop Me Now â€“ Queen
4. Hallelujah â€“ Jeff Buckley
5. Dancing Queen â€“ ABBA
6. Billie Jean â€“ Michael Jackson
7. Suspicious Minds â€“ Elvis
8. Wonderful World â€“ Louis Armstrong
9. Sweet Child of Mine â€“ Guns and Roses
10. Poker Face â€“ Lady Gaga
Source: PRS For Music