Hell-raising punk icon Iggy Pop famously got himself swiftcovered in adverts for insurer swiftcover.com but being a rock star doesnt me’an that insuring your ride needs to be expensive.
Research by Swiftcover found that although jazz-funk petrol-head Jay Kay would have to stump up £35,000 to insure his rare Ferrari Enzo, hard rocking Foo Fighters leader Dave Grohl would only have to pay £250 to get swiftcover.com car insurance primarily because he drives a Smart car!
As swiftcover.com is one of the few motor insurers to actually cover musicians, the company has compiled its fantasy festival line-up of rock stars and their cars (and their insurance premiums should they decide to leave the tour bus or limo at home!)
1. Iggy Pop, driving a Pontiac GTO (Gran Turismo Omologato), as mentioned in the lyrics to Lust for Life. Valued at £20,000 it’s often considered the first muscle car. A classic built between 1964 and 1974 so spares can be hard to source.
Insurance cost: Free! He’s swiftcover.com’s spokesman after all!
2. Jay Kay, driving a Ferrari Enzo worth in excess of half a million pounds, does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds, has a hard to repair carbon fibre body and is rare, so tough to source parts. Insurance cost: £35,000 primarily due to the car being so rare, Jay Kay’s regular run-ins with the paparazzi and the recent vandalism to the vehicle.
3. David Grohl, driving a Smart ForTwo. The Foo Fighter’s main man and ex-Nirvana drummer has been seen driving the environmentally-friendly diddy car recently.
Insurance cost: £250 and he won’t have to pay London congestion charges either.
4. Lilly Allen, driving a Mini Cooper. Perfect for zooting around LDN.
Insurance cost: Â£600 â€“ female drivers are cheaper to ensure than men.
5. Britney Spears, driving a Mercedes CLK. She has been known to have the odd collision with photographers and other objects, which could increase her insurance costs.
Insurance cost: £4,000 her history of issues with drugs and alcohol doesn’t help to keep premiums low.
6. Madonna, driving a BMW 745. Her wheels while at home in London; tracker required. Insurance cost: £1,000 being a woman and her age (50) brings the risk down, but the central London location bumps up the cost.
7. Noel Gallagher, driving a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow 1978. The Oasis main man owned a brown Roller, whilst a white one was pictured floatingin a swimming pool on the cover of Be Here Now, so insurance is subject to it being roadworthy again after its bath.
Insurance cost: £800 No cover for intentionally driving into swimming pools.
8. Justin Timberlake, driving a Jeep Wrangler. Boy band member turned R n B superstar.
Insurance cost: £1,000 left hand drive bumps up the price because driver will have to lean over the other side to get his burger and fries in a drive-thru.
Tina Shortle, marketing director for swiftcover.com, says: These quotes are just for fun, but our research shows that you don’t need to be a platinum selling rock god to be able to afford to get swiftcovered. Even Madonna, Lilly Allen and Noel Gallagher could probably save on their car insurance with swiftcover.com, and of course we now insure less well-known musicians!
If you do not agree, you must discontinue using the Website and all services and features therein.OkRead more