Continental Style Sweeps The Summer ‘Staycation’. British â€˜staycationersâ€™ will put on a brave face and stylish swimwear to recreate Bondi in Blackpool and Cannes in Cleethorpes this summer. Holiday-makers forgoing glamorous foreign destinations for less fashionable British shores can still add a touch of international spice with a few simple adjustments to their beachwear.
According to Kiniki.com, a UK-based swimwear manufacturer with customers worldwide, there is a wealth of difference between national beach fashions and customs.
â€œOur sales figures show there are huge differences in the swimwear choices of different nationalities,â€ says John Walker, founder of Kiniki.com.
â€œBring Nice to Newquay with a little black bikini and add a touch of Sardinia to Skegness with some brightly coloured briefs.â€
Established in 1976, Kiniki.com has grown from a backroom business for mail order menâ€™s underwear into a British manufacturing success story, sending tangas to Tonga and briefs to Brazil, with sales averaging a million a year.
KINIKIâ€™S TOP TIPS FOR A SIZZLING BRITISH STAYCATION
1. RIO CARNIVAL â€“ Brazilian men ensure they are trim down below for their tangas. Itâ€™s a look thatâ€™s guaranteed to raise tepid British temperatures
2. BAVARIAN LAKES â€“ The preferred choice of swimwear in Germany is none at all. Get back to nature on one of the UKâ€™s nudist beaches or slip into a Kiniki tan-through swimsuit to get the benefits of going buff without baring all
3. FRENCH RIVIERA â€“ Sizzling temperatures are not the only pre-requisite for a scorching summer romance. Slip into a little black number on the beach to add a touch of continental class
4. BAY OF NAPLES â€“ Switch the big, baggy board shorts for something altogether tighter and brighter. Lotharios are never afraid to be bold with their colours
5. AUSTRIAN ALPS â€“ Take the lead of Sacha Baron Cohen and brave â€˜The Brunoâ€™, Kinikiâ€™s latest take on the comedianâ€™s eccentric style